Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Takes the cake

I know this blog usually features our work or wedding inspirations from another source but today I have a somthin' a bit different for ya.  Wedding cakes are a topic that we rarely touch on aside from decorating them with flowers but I have to pass on some accolades to one very talented vendor.


This weekend I celebrated a big birthday and my husband surprised me with a cake.  Well, kind of surprised me since I've been dropping hints for around 6 months how much I love fondant and Red Velvet!  I was totally surprised with the finished design though!

He went with High Tea Bakery as his cake provider of choice from all the outstanding choices Winnipeg has to offer. It's been a nostalgic favorite of ours since Belinda made our spectacular pumpkin spice wedding cake six years ago so he didn't hesitate when my big 3-0 rolled around.


Now, you wouldn't likely go with the same cake as he chose for your main wedding cake, but how about as a groom's cake?  If your man likes Sons of Anarchy as much as mine does (okay, I'm usually the one waiting in front of the TV on Tuesdays for it to start) he would go nuts for this black beauty:


A big Thank You to all the staff at High Tea Bakery for the best Red Velvet cake ever!!!

~K


No comments:

Post a Comment